Skip to main content

Stalker God?



One Sunday during a church Bible study on salvation, the Bible study leader spoke about the coming judgement and told us that God keeps a record of the things we do and we will be judged according to our works.

Someone asked why God follows us recording everything we do to judge us on the last day when He Himself had said we're saved when we believe in Christ.

The leader asked the congregation if any of us had an answer and I shared my opinion. I gave quite a lengthy explanation on the difference between the judgment of Christians and the judgment of the world, the various crowns and rewards that will be given on the last day, and the fact that our lives are an eternal record of the glory of God and an example to the world.

Everyone seemed to like what I said and I was applauded. After church, one of the junior pastors told me that he liked my answer during the Bible study class and I left, feeling a warm glow inside.
As I thought about it, my mind was opened and I understood. How wrong I was. How wrong we all were. 


God does not follow us keeping a record of our lives to judge us with it. He records every detail of our lives SIMPLY BECAUSE HE LOVES US!

The Holy Spirit said to me that like human parents take several pictures of their babies and continue to keep letters, toys, pictures and other belongings of their children simply because they love them and want to remember every detail of their lives, so does He.

But because He is God, He does it in the way only God can. Every part of our bodies is written in His book. (Psalm 139:16). Every tear we shed is kept in His bottle and written in His book. (Psalm 56:8). Every little thing we do is written down by Him, like a human parent would write in a diary, "Joojo took his first steps today" or "Today, Abby learnt how to bake a cake".

All our thoughts are written in His book, the good and bad things we do. Its all there. But He loves to rejoice in the good and forgive and blot out the bad.

Imagine God writing in His diary, " Today, Bertha gave me her heart and I now live in her heart. I'm so ecstatic ". Or, " Today, John was faced with a difficult choice. Even though he was hungry and had only a little money, he gave that money to someone who needed it more than he did. He walked away with an empty stomach and a smile in his heart. He pleased me and I will reward him".

God delights in us. He records everything about us because He is madly in love with us. He has counted all the hairs on our heads, imagine that! He tells His angels, "this is my child. Take good care of her. Follow her everywhere she goes and make sure she does not dash her foot against a stone".

God is our father and He loves to brag about us. See how He boasted about Job to the devil. He's the best dad in the universe. Hallelujah! 

Yes, in the end, we will be judged and rewarded according to our works. But the primary purpose for which God records every detail about our lives is LOVE.

If we ask for forgiveness, He will blot out every wrong thing. It will be expunged from our record and will never be found. If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Hallelujah.

Pastor Roland Buck in the book "Angels on Assignment" related that he was taken to the throne room of God where he spoke with God. God showed him Abraham's file and he saw the good things Abraham had done while on earth, like his hospitality to strangers. However, Abraham's sins, like lying about Sarah being his wife and doubting God's plan for his life were not in the file. When Roland Buck asked about it, God told him that when He forgives us, He forgets our sins and also forgets that He has forgiven us.

 Glory to God. If we ask for forgiveness, the blood of the Jesus will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we understand that God loves us, we will not fear the coming judgment. Amen


Comments

Abraham Mensah said…
Wow! God's love for us is mind blowing. God bless you for writing
Abraham Mensah said…
Wow! God's love for us is mind blowing. God bless you for writing
Anonymous said…
Everything He does is out of love!

Popular posts from this blog

Work And Pray

How would I feel if someone forcibly carried me away from my home to their country as a slave? Not happy is an understatement. Would I pray for them? Yes. That God would punish them. Would I pray for them to have peace and prosper? No. Definitely not! I haven't thought about the fact that should there be war or famine among them, I'd be affected because I live there too. And should things be good there, I'll enjoy (a little bit) because I'm there. But my beastly human nature says, "I don't care if I'm affected too. Let them suffer as they made me suffer". But how would it help me? Would suffering first in my homeland and later in my land of captivity help me? No. When the Israelites were carried away captive to Babylon, this is what God told them: "Work to see that the city where I sent you as exiles enjoys peace and prosperity. Pray to the LORD for it. For as it prospers you will prosper." (Her 29:7, NET). Now if God asked

That Dirty Rag

Would you pick your one cedi note if it fell into a gutter? Probably not.  Even if it was your last cedi? Most likely, you’d look at the gutter and the things floating in it, wrinkle your nose in disgust at the smell and let it go…even of it means you have to walk home. After all, even if you remove it, there’s nothing you can do to make it better. Surely, you might reconsider if it was your phone, purse or wallet, but not that that dirty rag. That dirty rag which was once a clean white handkerchief. That dirty rag which in its lifetime had been used to wipe sweat, water, dirt, blood, your shoes and other things until it could no longer be recognized as a handkerchief. That once-white handkerchief which had turned some unidentifiable colour which you kept at the side of your bag for wiping your shoes. Who would bend down to pick that not-too-valuable rag that had fallen into the disgusting, smelly gutter? Only Jesus would. Only Jesus would do something that people woul